Inspired by music, Paul’s paintings give me mixed feelings and I could not collect myself … Tribute to Paul Chiang!
- Honorable Mention for Sound Design by Los Angeles Film Awards
- Best Song & Best Animation & Best Music Video by New York Film Awards
- Best Female Composer By Toronto International Ｗomen Film Festival
- St. Louis Film Festival Official Selection
- The Fine Arts Film Festival Official Selection
- Berlin Short Film Festival Official Selection
- London International Creative Competition
- International Design Award
- DNA Paris Design Award
- MUSE Creative Award
About the production
By invitation, Chia-Hui performed her Butterfly Orchid at the opening ceremony of Art Taipei. Butterfly Orchid is a new way of performing art. It is an avant-garde production created to elevate the artistry of performing art. It is a fantasy about being trapped by love, transforming for love and the final ultimate sacrifice for devoted love. It melds a piano music with animated artwork. Paintings from artist, Paul Chiang were used as the foundation from which 3D multimedia animation techniques catalyze the art to life. Through the combination of romantic music with multimedia technology and contemporary/abstract moving art, diverse styles are revealed to present a dramatic music-based performing art that is a banquet for the senses.
BUTTERFLY ORCHID is a story about devoted love, with the butterfly representing love and hope. Wherever the butterfly rests, there is hope and chance. Where there is love there is a heaven and one will feel reborn again. Through this innovative production, Chia-Hui hopes to elegantly unite the human emotions of Love and Affection.
About BUTTERFLY ORCHID
Taiwan has over 300 species of orchids and over 400 species of butterflies and hence Taiwan is known as the kingdom of orchids and butterflies. Upon visiting the Botanical Garden at Tainan, Chia-Hui was drawn to the Psychopsis Kalihi Orchid. Nicknamed the “Devil Orchid”, it is quite enchanting in its resemblance of a butterfly and a dancer. After her visit, that evening, Chia-Hui had a vivid dream that was so touching that she felt compelled to record. In the dream, a beautiful butterfly specimen was captured and was about to be framed. But a scientist seeing the beauty of the butterfly sets her free. The butterfly in turn was so moved that she prayed to the god of the universe to allow her to become human so that she may thank the scientist. Her god granted her wish and she was transformed into a beautiful young lady. Having approached the scientist, she fell deeply in love with him. But the scientist’s heart was devoted to his work, so he did not reciprocate his love. In distraught, the lady turned once again to her god. She realizes that the scientist that she loves was a botanist and that he was obsessed with his research and desires to develop the most special sample of orchids. So, she prayed to her god once again asking to become the most unique and beautiful orchid in the world. Her god warned her that if she becomes an orchid, she will remain in an immobile state for the rest of life and that will be her last transformation. She consented and became the result of the botanist’s latest work; a one of a kind beautiful orchid that depicts a fairy like image with captivating wings. With his new work, the botanist’s unique orchid took first place in world competitions and the orchid became known as the “Queen of Orchids”. The botanist has achieved his dream and now obsesses daily with his new orchid. And the butterfly orchid has fulfilled her desire to be with the botanist.
- 榮獲 Los Angeles Film Awards 聲音設計榮譽獎
- 榮獲 New York Film Awards 最佳歌曲、最佳音樂錄影帶、最佳動畫
- 榮獲 Toronto International Women Film Festival 最佳作曲家
- 榮獲 St. Louis Film Festival Official Selection 官方入選
- 榮獲 The Fine Arts Film Festival Official Selection官方入選
- 榮獲 DNA Paris Design Awards 巴黎DAN多彩獎
- 榮獲 MUSE Creative Awards 謬思媒體與音樂創意獎
- 榮獲 International Design Award 國際設計榮譽獎
- 榮獲London International Creative Competition 倫敦國際創意大賽優選獎
閱古典 MUZIK AIR
非池中 ART EMPEROR
Focus Taiwan CNA English News